Thursday, December 13, 2012

Engines

I've just spent a small fortune on two Toyota 1JZ-GTE VVT-i engines from JDMenginedepot.com  one with a manual trans and one with an automatic.

As you can see they're really crammed onto that pallet.  and it woudn't take a packaging engineer from MIT to tell you that they're likely to get damaged in shipping like that.  and they did.



both the TPS sensors were smashed as were the power steering sensors.  they're not cheap enough that I'd like to cover them out of my pocket.  We'll see if JDMenginedepot replaces.

More vetting.
the auto engine appeared to have moisture on the inside of the oil fill cap.  so I took off the valve covers and...           it's kinda gross.
I don't think the moisture is anti-freeze and the moisture doesn't seem to have emulsed with the oil.  so rain?  dew?  sea spray?

I check the compression and the cylinders are all very good ~180psi :)

I think I'll do a similar vetting to the manual trans engine.  I think it's a little younger and cleaner.  and likely strip the auto trans engine to get good access to the motor mounts for designing my motor mounts.



No comments:

Post a Comment